Friday, April 10, 2015

30 Days of Biking - Day 8

Day 8, Wednesday, was too rainy and thunderstormy to get a ride in, so my post for Day 8 will just be a short reflection.

Clipless Pedals - I have been debating getting these for over a year, have been advised by people to get them, even finally used some gift cards to purchase pedals and shoes.  But they have been sitting on the chair in my kitchen for 2 months, waiting for me to get up my nerve.  One of my goals for this year is to stretch beyond my comfort zone and try new challenges, so I finally decided to go for it! And . . . I am loving my new pedals and shoes!  I don't know why I was so afraid to try them until now!

I managed to install the pedals and the cleats on my shoes by myself, and was able to get them all adjusted correctly.  I have them set pretty loosely so it's very easy to clip in and clip out of them.  In time I will probably tighten them up some, but so far, the learning curve with them adjusted this way has been pretty easy.  I've only had 1 tip over incident.  I feel as though I have more pedal power, and hills seem more easily doable.  I guess I don't know for sure if it's because of being clipped into my pedals, or because of my recent bike tuneup, or the fact that I'm no longer riding in snow or in layers of winter gear, or maybe it's all just in my head, but I'm enjoying my rides more and I guess that's all that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment