Tuesday, April 14, 2015

30 Days of Biking - Day 14

My day started with a quick ride over to the high school for a quick meeting.  Just a little over a mile and a half.  When my meeting was over, I had originally intended to just come back home the same way, but the sun was shining, warmish spring temps, and so as I headed out of the parking lot, I turned left instead of right and headed out of the village toward the lake.  I really only intended to go as far as the next cross road, Curtis Rd., and then turn there to head home, but as I approached the turn, I just kept on going.  That turned out to be my mantra for the day!

A little snippet of a Paul Simon song kept playing in my brain . . . "I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm going.  I'm on my way, takin' my time but I don't know where . . ." I even sang it out loud several times!  I LOVE that kind of a day!  Being retired, with nothing in particular I absolutely HAD to do today, I could afford to just go wherever the road and my spirit took me.  So I went on down to the lake and then headed back towards home, taking various turns here and there and ending up finishing along the village bike route again, for a total of 13 miles.  

I love riding in my little, quiet village, but I've been doing a lot of that lately and so today it felt really good, and very freeing, to get out into the wide open spaces outside of town again!  Here are a few pictures I snapped along the way.

Along Huffer Rd.

At Wautoma Beach


Beautiful Day!

13 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment