Thursday, April 2, 2015

30 Days of Biking - Day 2



Well, today the temperature was 68!  The warmest day we've had since November 30th! The sun was shining this morning, but I had so many other things to do, I didn't get out on my bike.  Around 4:00 I finally had the chance to ride and, of course, the clouds had rolled in, the wind had blown up, and a light sprinkle of rain had begun, but I went anyway!

My little village of Hilton, NY used to have a well marked 5 mile bike route.  In the last year or so they have taken down all the markers, but it's still a nice little route to ride.  Since I wasn't sure what the rain was going to do, I decided to just take that route around town.  It wasn't long before the rain stopped, so I just kept going, repeating the route 3 times, twice the same way and once reversing the order, just to mix it up a little.  It isn't the most exciting way to ride, but it still beats riding on the trainer inside the house!  And it felt WONDERFUL to be riding in my biking jersey and shorts instead of in my winter gear!

3 times around for a total of 15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment