Wednesday, April 1, 2015

30 Days of Biking - Day 1






30 Days of Biking is a great program, based in Minnesota, but people from all around the world can participate.  It's simple.  You take an online pledge to ride your bike every day during the month of April.  For every 30 pledges they collect, they work to donate 1 bike to the group, Free Bikes 4 Kidz, a group that refurbishes gently used bikes and gives them to children in need.  Such a simple, easy way to make a difference with your cycling!

So, I took the pledge and will be posting here each day during the month of April.  





Today was Day 1 and a great day for a ride.  The sun was shining, the temps were in the low 40s, and there was no wind.  I took a chance and decided to try the Lake Ontario State Parkway Trail.  All winter I've been riding on roads and miss riding on my favorite trails.  Since this is only my second ride with my new clipless pedals and I'm still getting used to clipping in, clipping out, and riding with my feet fastened to my pedals, I chose a paved trail.  There was still a little snow on it in a few spots, but most of it was clear sailing.  I had a great ride and didn't tip over once!  25.57 miles of springtime bliss!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment