Friday, July 12, 2013

Making Up for Lost Time

I haven't been riding much lately.  Life, heat, humidity, commitments, and projects with looming deadlines got in the way.  But today I finally got out riding and tried to make up a bit for lost time.  I rode from my house to Spencerport, then along the Canalway Trail to Brockport, then home from Brockport - a total of 25.27 miles.  Then I turned right around and rode my bike 7.02 miles to my sister's house for my niece's graduation party. So my grand total for the day was 32.29 miles!  My bike and I did hitch a ride home from the party in a van.  I loved riding along the canal!  Found these geese just before arriving in Brockport.  The big one closest hissed like crazy at me and I thought it was going to chase me, but luckily it didn't.

So, I think maybe I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm more of a cruising along, distance girl than I am a speed demon.  To date my fastest average speed is about 12.5 mph, and that might always be my fastest speed, which won't be fast enough for most charity ride events.  But that's okay.  It's fast enough for sport, excersize, and enjoyment.  Maybe I'll just contribute money to those charities or to friends who are riding and I'll enjoy my time on trails instead.  It's good to have new goals, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment