Friday, July 11, 2014

Cycling the Erie Canal 2014

Well, I've been away from my blog for a while, but I haven't been away from my bike!  I've ridden 795 miles since May 1st, enjoying commuting by bike to work and other places, riding solo and with friends, organizing a weekly group ride on Fridays from the end of April until the end of June, enjoying the outdoors and the sunshine, and preparing for the Cycling the Erie Canal Bike Tour.  After looking forward to it and eagerly anticipating it for the past year, the time has finally come!  Sunday morning, at 8:00 AM, I will be on my way to a great new adventure!


I am all at once incredibly excited and a bit apprehensive!  I've never done anything like this before, and to set out on a grand new adventure like this, without a friend or family member with me, is definitely outside my comfort zone.  But I certainly won't be alone!  I know I'll make new friends.  There will be so many new experiences and I've made my mind up to just relax and go with the flow and put my whole self into it, take advantage of every opportunity, and see where it takes me.  

I'm going to try to blog each night about that day's adventures and share some pictures as well, assuming I can get my phone charged up each night sufficiently.  So stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Lori!! We will be thinking about you!! Have fun!!!

    Jack and Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORI!!!! This is exciting! Have fun, be safe, drink lots of G2! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete