Friday, August 23, 2013

Night Rider


Just practiced my "just do it!" philosophy again (See my blog post from earlier this evening). It was heading into dusk and I still hadn't gotten my bike ride in.  I went anyway and accomplished my first night ride!  Now, if you know me at all, you know I'm very afraid of the dark, have been all my life!  I cope pretty well as an adult, and am pretty good in my familiar little village with street lights, but tonight I was outside of town in less familiar areas.  But it was kind of cool hearing the crickets and seeing the colorful, fading after sunset glow in the sky.  I have reflectors on my tires and helmet, and blinkie lights fore and aft, but it did occur to me that I might need some reflective clothing too, especially since it's getting dark sooner. Hmmm.  I might have to go shopping in Pittsburgh this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment